Work is a now a major part of life for most of us, rather than trying for work-life balance, you should know how you choose to spend your time appropriately for your family and work.
Sometimes, work might take a top stand compared to your personal life, but are you allowing the stress of your job to interfere with other aspects of your life?
How should we manage our “me time?” How should we manage our “family time”? Here is where Work-life balance comes into the picture.
Below are the hacks for effective work-life balance:
- It’s not a good practice to talk about your work-related issues at home with your partner, parents or roomies. Your home is not your second office. Have meaningful conversations with your family because they are the ones who stand by you ultimately, not your company.
- Never and Ever Work Overtime (Until and unless it’s really important or you are paid for it). If you are requested to stay back late by your superiors, softly tell them that you would come the very next day and finish the task if it’s not very urgent.
- It’s good to make few good friends at the office. Just go for a 5-10-minute walk or cafe and have meaningful conversations, it sets your mind away from work tensions for some time.
- I often see that many of us make it a habit of logging into our office laptops to check work emails and unknowingly ending up doing some office related work. To avoid this, please don’t log into your office laptop once you are at your home.
- Many of us sacrifice our planned weekends or vacations for the sake of office priorities. Remember, you can have a deputy at office work but not for your family. It’s good not to miss your personal outings or parties for the sake of your work.